Anyeonghaseyo! I’m still feeling the hype from Korean Apps Wave 2015 that was held at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside Hotel although it has passed for 2 days already. I keep hearing Korean words in my mind and in fact, I’m listening to some K-Pop songs while writing this post. Oh wait, I’ve been listening to them everyday!
Listening to translation via an ear piece @ Korean Apps Wave 2015
Korean App Economy Outlook by Mr. Paul Noh, CEO of UbiNuri
- Quarterly app downloads on Google Play has increased 30% from Q1 2014 to Q1 2015 largely due to growth in emerging markets such as Brazil and India
- Japan, US and South Korea remain as the top 3 countries by revenue
- Continuous high growth in global app market is predicted
- There is an imbalance observed in content consumption (80% of sales revenue comes from game app)
- Income bipolarization of developer whereby the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer