Everyone (including aunties and uncles) has a smartphone nowadays. But the question is – do you make full use of it? Aside from having a “smart phone”, we as the consumers need to be smart too! And that is why I have smart apps like Seeties to discover deals to enjoy discounts and special promotions.
Anyeonghaseyo! I’m still feeling the hype from Korean Apps Wave 2015 that was held at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside Hotel although it has passed for 2 days already. I keep hearing Korean words in my mind and in fact, I’m listening to some K-Pop songs while writing this post. Oh wait, I’ve been listening to them everyday!
Korean App Economy Outlook by Mr. Paul Noh, CEO of UbiNuri
- Quarterly app downloads on Google Play has increased 30% from Q1 2014 to Q1 2015 largely due to growth in emerging markets such as Brazil and India
- Japan, US and South Korea remain as the top 3 countries by revenue
- Continuous high growth in global app market is predicted
- There is an imbalance observed in content consumption (80% of sales revenue comes from game app)
- Income bipolarization of developer whereby the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer