Looking for a suitable hotel to stay when traveling is not an easy job. I’ve had a fair share of this and I’m the person who does planning every time I travel with my friends and family. So trust me when I say I know how it feels and what to look for. When looking for a place to stay in KL, don’t forget to consider all these aspects: Location, Feedback and ratings, Amenities, Facilities and Price.
I recently had a staycation at Red by Sirocco Hotel KL, Jalan Kamunting and I really really love the experience! Check out how they managed to get a high score during my stay.
7 Reasons Why I Love Red by Sirocco Hotel KL
Located in the heart of KL
Red by Sirocco is located strategically in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. By that, we’re talking about just 1.8km away from KLCC (Kuala Lumpur City Centre) and 2.2km away from KL Tower (Menara Kuala Lumpur) by foot. If you don’t mind a little walk, you can totally skip public transportation and get a good workout!
Great view of KL Tower
Head up to the THE RED Infinity pool at night and you’ll get to see one of Kuala Lumpur’s most iconic landmark, KL Tower dancing in front of you. While you’re at it, enjoy a glass of cocktail at Rouge Club. Most of their Superior Rooms have a view of KL Tower from the room balcony!
Want a different view, you can also see the other side of KL from Rouge Club. This is my breakfast buffet view after a cozy night.
Comfortable bed and pillows
Heading to dreamland is a smooth journey as I put my head on the super fluffy pillows! Red by Sirocco has been complimented a lot on their comfortable pillows and bed, so you can get a good rest after a hectic day exploring KL.
Great massage at The Rub Bar
The perfect thing to do after walking and traveling for a whole day is to hop over to The Rub Bar for instant relaxing sessions. For starters, I had 30 minutes foot massage to relieve my tired legs. Before that, we were given a simple foot wash to refresh and clean our feet.
For massage, I opted for Pressure Point Massage and boy, it was so relaxing and really different from the usual aromatherapy massage. Every rub is so on point to ensure maximum relaxation and promote stress relieve.
I also had some fun customizing body lotion using the scents that I like. All we had to do is test and pick our scents, then mix them into the body lotion to get our own unique scent.
Apart from this, The Rub Bar also carries some handmade soaps and products from Wunderbath.
That tiny extra detail that makes everything different
– I get to unwind over aromatic French coffee courtesy of a Cafés Richard machine
– If you’re a tea connoisseur, you will appreciate that they have in-room classic signature Chinese tea set for an authentic brewing experience
– I know of people who can’t stand sleeping in air-conditioned room and the best news from Red by Sirocco is, there’s also a fan in their rooms! How considerate!
– Gals always have this one problem with AirBnB and hotels: Lighting for makeup! I’m super impressed when I saw that there’s a vanity mirror and makeup table with perfect lighting in the room.
The Sleeping Dayak Girl Mural
While you’re here, don’t miss the chance to see this Sleeping Dayak Girl mural drawn by renowned artist, Kenji Chai. It is recognized as Tallest Mural in Malaysia by The Book of Records!!
Close proximity from great food spots
Foodies will be thrilled to know that the location of Red by Sirocco is so near to famous food hotspots in KL!
– Yut Kee Restaurant famous for authentic Hainanese Pork Chop and Chicken Chop (29 m – just beside the hotel!)
– Woo Pin 45 Kamunting famous for their signature fish head noodle (60 m)
– Restaurant Kin Kin famous for their Chili Pan Mee (750 m)
– BaRnana Leaf Restaurant by Red by Sirocco for awesome banana leaf rice and Maggi goreng (fried instant noodle)! You can also order their Egg Wich – my personal favorite is Egg ‘N Turk.
– The Barkery Cafe by Red by Sirocco for buttery breads and buns. Enjoy 15% off all single bread items and 50% off for more than 5 items from 5.30pm onwards.
Other notable facilities and amenities:
- Bathrobe, safety deposit box, iron, hair dryer
- Computer and Internet access
- Free Wi-Fi (can’t live without this!)
Aren’t you sold after reading my review? Come and experience it for yourself! ♥♥
RED by Sirocco, Menara M101 Dang Wangi, No.3 Jalan Kamunting,
50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: +603-2603 1133