- The breathtaking Sea of Clouds / Sea of Mists is located at 330 feet above sea level on Mount Silipat
- The distance from our hotel at Betong town (Grand Mandarin Betong) to Sea of Clouds, Iyerweng is 36km and it took us approximately 50 minutes to arrive
- In order to enjoy sunrise view, the best time is to reach by 6am.The Sea of Clouds / Sea of Mists at 6.40am
- During the weekend, it could be crowded. Our van needed to queue to go up the hill and get parked but we didn’t want to miss the scenery so we decided to hike uphill for about 5 minutes before we reach the viewpoint. The Sea of Clouds / Sea of Mists at 7am
- Do not go during rainy days as the clouds will disappear and the view will be greatly discounted.The Sea of Clouds / Sea of Mists at 7.40am
- You will need to spend at least 1 hour there as there are a few spots for you to watch the Sea of Clouds at Aiyoe Weng
- How to get to I-Yerweng? This is a place where local bikers love to ride their bikes because they can enjoy the breeze along the way and easily park their bikes. You can also self drive, hire a private van or join local tours from tour agencies in Betong.Map:
- It’s surprising to see that most of the visitors are locals. Hence, it’s safe to say that this place is worth to visit and isn’t just another touristy area.
- They are planning to build a Sky Walk at Ai Yerweng in the near future!
10 Things You Need to Know About Sea of Clouds @ I-Yerweng, BetongPosted on
I’ve always loved visiting beautiful nature spots whenever I travel because the thought that these places are amazing but need no effort to produce is just awesome. Hence, I was elated and looking forward to see the Sea of Clouds at I-Yerweng (a.k.a. Talay Mok Aiyoe Weng) when I saw it in our Betong, Thailand FAM trip itinerary. FYI, Betong is 5 hours drive from KL and 4.5 hours drive from Hatyai, Thailand. If you have been to Belum Rainforest Resort, it is only 1.5 hours away to the north. Here are some facts about I-Yerweng for your reference if you’re planning to go there:
Oh my…look at the breathtaking scenery…you are on cloud nine. 🙂
Surely this will be forever sketched into your memories.