Guardian Malaysia which started with only 200 square feet of retail space 55 years ago, celebrates the opening of its 500th store today which has no floors, no walls and operates 24/7.
Guardian’s 500th Store – Guardian App
The Guardian’s 500th Store is Guardian’s new mobile app which has been developed to offer greater benefits for their customers.
Among the features of the app are:
- Shortcut icons for quicker access to bulk deals, online exclusives, and popular products
- Function to add products to your “Wish List”
- Trending searches
- Nationwide delivery (3-5 working days for West Malaysia and 6-10 working days for East Malaysia)
- RM15 off your purchase and FREE delivery for your first purchase
Tae Hoon Kim, Regional Commercial & E-Commerce Director, DFI Retail Group, South East Asia, Health and Beauty, launching the new app in Kuala Lumpur said today: “We continued to expand our physical stores over the last two years because we know consumers still want to visit our stores when there is one near them. At the same time, we also sped up our digital transformation journey growing our e-commerce channels, as we recognize its growing acceptance among consumers and businesses.
The Guardian app you see today is a key milestone in Guardian’s digital transformation to keep pace with technologically savvy consumers such as yourself. It is also our way of fully embracing the unprecedented changes that swept through the industry in the last two years,” he added.
Kim said: “We take great pride in unveiling this technologically developed app and at this point of our transformation journey, because we believe the retail environment is truly ready for an app such as Guardian’s. We will commit to keeping up with the changes in the mobile app world and work hard on bringing App-exclusive promotions to you.”
Customers can enjoy an extensive selection of products on offer of over 10,000 essential health and beauty items with many App-exclusive only deals. Moreover, they will enjoy trusted and secure payment platforms, free delivery and more opportunities to earn e-vouchers.
To celebrate the launch of its 500th store, Guardian is holding a special APP-Clusive Shop and Win contest with up to RM50,000 worth of prizes to be won.
First prize: 1x HABIB Citrine and Diamond Jewellery Set worth RM12,800
Second prize: 1x Ogawa Luxe Amour Massage Chair worth RM6,599
Third prize: 5x Ogawa Habo Cleaning Foaming device worth RM349 each
All in all there will be over 500 winners vying for 9 types of prizes.
In addition, Guardian will also have a Guardian App Dance Challenge contest where the most creative video with the Guardian App Jingle will stand a chance to win a Grand Prize of RM5,000 (comprising a combination of RM2500 in cash and RM2500 in Guardian App vouchers). There are also five consolation prizes worth RM500 Guardian App vouchers each to be won. This contest will run from 13 January to 27 February 2022.
So please, download the new Guardian mobile app today to win exclusive prizes and get exclusive App only deals which will make shopping at Guardian more fun, convenient, hassle free with better value!
The new Guardian mobile app can be downloaded at the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
To further mark the launch, Guardian is also donating RM5,000 each to 10 orphanages who were affected by the recent floods in Malaysia, as its continuous effort to support and serve the community that it operates in.
The 10 orphanages that will receive the RM5,000 contribution each are:
- Maahad Tahfiz As-Sahabah, Hulu Langat, Selangor
- Yayasan Chow Kit, Kuala Lumpur
- Pertubuhan Amal Rumah Anak Yatim dan Hidayah Alhijrah, Hulu Langat, Selangor
- Pusat Jagaan Kanak-Kanak Yatim/Miskin Muhammad Al-Fateh, Kajang, Selangor
- Rumah Amal Limpahan Kasih, Puchong, Selangor
- Pusat Jagaan Hembusan Kasih Sayang, Kuantan, Pahang
- Rumah Kebajikan Anak Yatim & Fakir Miskin Perempuan (Permata Al-Insyirah), Pahang
- Persatuan Kebajikan Jagaan Sri Sai Selangor
- Rumah K.I.D.S, Selangor
- Pertubuhan Kebajikan Anak Yatim dan Asnaf Teratak Ummi, Selangor