The following 2 months will be the long awaited festive season where the culture of gifting and sharing is shown. In conjunction with this, Anchor Food Professionals has launched the quintessential Anchor Travel Cake so we can gift and share these delicious butter loaf cakes with our loved ones.
Anchor Travel Cake
Anchor Travel Cake is inspired by France’s “gâteaux de voyage”, specialty cakes made with pure high quality butter that enables it to last long so it can be brought on a journey by travelers. For this series, Anchor Tinned Butter is the perfect butter to use since it is made from pure and natural dairy from grass-fed cows in New Zealand. This premium butter sets itself apart from the rest as the result of baked goods are more aromatic and has a soft, smooth texture.
Starting from 1 December 2016, three variants of Anchor Travel Cakes will be available in 15 selected bakeries and over 57 outlets nationwide.
Anchor Travel Cake variants:
- Chocolate Prune – A mixture of pitted prune, apricots and dark chocolate chunks encased in a moist chocolate butter cake
- Earl Grey Apricot – Earl grey tea infused apricot in fragrant earl grey tea butter cake
- Orange Cranberry – Plump and juicy cranberries soaked in orange juice, in a buttery orange scented cake
The travel cakes are already perfect to be enjoyed on their own accompanied by tea or coffee. However, if you want to spice things up a bit, it’s easy to transform them to cake pops, simply sliced and served with ice cream, or glazed for a personal touch.
Anchor Food Professional Pastry Chefs showed us how to take the cakes up a notch.
Chocolate Prunes Lollipop
Homemade Pastry Cream
500 g UHT Full Cream Milk
1 pc Vanilla pods (or 3 g Vanilla Essence)
125 g Caster Sugar
100 g Egg Yolk (or 5 nos Egg Yolk)
40 g Custard Powder
50 g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- Bring the milk and vanilla pod (vanilla essence) to a boil.
- In a mixing bowl, mix caster sugar and egg yolk together. Then, add custard powder and mix well.
- Pour the hot milk into the mixture and mix well. Then, transfer the mixture back into the pot and continue to cook until it thickened and simmering.
- Remove the mixture from heat. Add butter immediately and mix well.
500 g Homemade Pastry Cream
125 g Anchor Unsalted Butter that has softened and at room temperature
- Bring the pastry cream to room temperature.
- Use a mixer with whisk to mix pastry cream until smooth.
- Mix in the softened butter until smooth and well combined.
Dark Chocolate Glaze
500 g Dark Couverture 58%
50 g Canola Oil
35 g Roasted Almond Nibs
- Use double boiler to melt dark couverture.
- After removing it from the heat, mix in canola oil and roasted almond nibs.
Assembling Chocolate Prunes Lollipop
- Cut the cake into small rectangular slices. Insert a popsicle stick into it.
- Spread the top of the cake slices with diplomat cream.
- Refrigerate them for 15 minutes until the cream is set.
- Take them out and dip the cake lollipop into the dark chocolate glaze.
- Shake the excess chocolate off before placing it to set on a parchment paper.
- Decorate as desired.
Anchor Travel Cake is simply the ideal choice for a catching up tea session, and gifting during Christmas and Chinese New Year!
Let’s bring back the old delightful tradition of gifting and sharing cakes during festivities.
Personalize the travel cakes further by gift-wrapping them. I’m sure the receiver will be able to feel your sincerity as they unwrap it 🙂
Grab your Anchor Travel Cake here:
- Klang Valley – RT Pastry House, biote a bijoux, Thyme Bakery, Trendy Bakery
- Kedah – Kek Sayang
- Penang – Savour @ Bread History
- Perak – The Baker’s Hut, Born & Bread, Happy Angel’s Cake
- Negeri Sembilan – Seremban Toast House
- Johor – Baker’s Ville
- Sabah – Walnut Bakery
- Sarawak – Taka Cake House, MA Baker, Farley Bakery
* Anchor Travel Cakes may vary in presentation, size and packaging based on each bakery’s unique customer preference
With every purchase of 2 travel cakes from 1 December 2016 – 31 January 2017, you will receive a set of designer dessert spoons! Hurry!!