Whittaker’s chocolate has became one of the most preferred chocolate brands in Malaysia since they expanded to Malaysia 3 years ago. For those who have not tasted their chocolates yet, don’t fret. I have a special announcement at the end of this article whereby you can get a taste of Whittaker’s chocolate!
Before that, I’m sure you’re curious why Whittaker’s chocolate rose to fame in just a short time. In fact, the hype was pretty strong when the news of their launch was out!
8 Things You Should Know About Whittaker’s Chocolate
- Whittaker’s chocolate has been voted as New Zealand’s Most Trusted Brand for 6 years in a row in the Reader’s Digest annual awards.
- They have expanded their export markets globally to China, North Asia, South-East Asia, Australia, North America, the Middle East and the Pacific Islands.
- All Whittaker’s chocolates are made at its factory in Porirua, New Zealand. They implement stringent quality control by controlling the whole manufacturing process in this factory – from receiving the cocoa bean in its raw form to the final wrapped product.
- Whittaker’s was established in 1896 by J.H. Whittaker. The company is now directed by third-generation Whittakers. It was a pleasure to be able to meet with Matt Whittaker, the the Head of International Markets for Whittaker’s Chocolate. He is the great grandson of J.H. Whittaker.
- Whittaker’s core range is Halal Certified and features a variety of flavors available in 200g Blocks, 50g Slabs, 50g Chunks and Mini Slabs.
- If you’re a first timer, you need to try their classic and top-selling product, Almond Gold. Other favorites also include 5-Roll Refined Creamy Milk Block, 72% Cocoa Dark Ghana, Dark Almond and Dark Peppermint. Dark Peppermint is my personal favorite!
- The Artisan Collection is their premium chocolate range which is available in 100g sizes. It features unique flavor combinations which have been created using the finest ingredients from New Zealand.
- From 12th – 15th October, receive complimentary mini Whittaker’s chocolate slab with every coffee purchased at Ben’s Independent Grocer, IPC. While stocks last.
New Whittaker’s Chocolate Flavors
Here are some of the new Whittaker’s Chocolate Flavors that you can anticipate to arrive Malaysian shores this year:
- Limited Edition Lemon & Paeroa Sharebag 180g (Oct 2017)
- Limited Edition Dark Orange Sharebag 180g (Oct 2017)
- Coconut – Block 200g and Sharebag 180g (Nov 2017)
- Limited Edition Artisan Hawke’s Bay Black Doris Plum and Roasted Almonds 100g (Dec 2017)
- Limited Edition Artisan Single Origin Samoan Cacao 100g (Dec 2017)
For more information, stay tuned to Whittaker’s Chocolate Lovers Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/whittakersmy/.