I was fortunate to be invited to APAC Venture Glitz & Glam Bloggers Party on 20th June 2012. More than 200 bloggers, celebrities, media members and partners were gathered at Zouk KL for the official launch of Avast Version 7 and WeChat social app.
An introduction about WeChat here if it sounds unfamiliar to you. WeChat is a free multimedia communication app originated from China and developed by Tencent, China’s largest internet service provider.
Among the features of WeChat are:
- text messaging
- hold to talk voice messaging
- broadcast (one to many) messaging with extensive range of emoticon and emoji
- photo/video sharing
- location sharing
- contact information exchange
- “Look Around”, “Shake” and “Drift Bottle” function to discover new friends
|Trying out Shake feature.|
I call it the Fate feature because only people who shakes their phone
at the same time as you will appear.
|Trying to throw a bottle into the virtual sea|
|“Look around” will show WeChat users near you.|
Avast Version 7
Protecting over 150 million users around the world with their antivirus application, Avast is now out with their latest version, Version 7.
Features of the new Avast Version 7 includes:
- Faster information from the “cloud” on new and emerging threats
- Remote Assistance feature
- Account feature to monitor Avast! installed in listed computers
- FileRep feature sorts new, potentially dangerous files from known safe files
- Compatibility with Windows 8
- Speed and memory usage optimizations
- Export/import of product settings
- Enhanced GUI
- Sandbox Privacy Protection
- Improved repair functions
- Stronger Self Defense
Avast! Pro Antivirus for Home & Student Edition is retailing at only RM 29.90!
|Credits to Samuel Chew for the photo!|
|Having fun meeting new people!|
Credits to Henry for the photo! 🙂
Credits to Samuel Chew for the photo!
|Credits to Henry for the photo!|
|Our group photo from WeChat FB Page|