First A(H1N1) related death in Malaysia

July 23
1 Comment

PETALING JAYA: A 30-year-old Indonesian student became the first Influenza A(H1N1) related fatality here, although the cause of death was not the disease itself.

The student, from the International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance in Kuala Lumpur, died from cardiac arrest due to ventricular fibrillation, Health Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai said on Thursday.

The deceased suffered from an obesity problem and had an enlarged heart and liver, he added.

On Thursday, The Straits Times in Singapore reported two more fatalities in the island republic, bringing its toll to three.

Both patients also had underlying medical conditions. They were a 13-year-old boy who had epilepsy and a 55-year-old man with motor neuron disease, a nerve disorder.

The first death, last Saturday, was of a 49-year-old man who had multiple health problems including diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol.

Source: The Star Online

Video of Jackson 1984 Pepsi burn accident surfaces

July 16
No comments yet

NEW YORK (AP) – Us Weekly magazine has obtained video it says shows never-before-seen footage of Michael Jackson’s head catching on fire during filming of his 1984 Pepsi commercial.

Jackson suffered severe burns after a pyrotechnics mishap caused his hair and scalp to catch fire. Still photos of the accident have been seen before, but the new video on Us Weekly’s Web site shows the moment Jackson’s hair caught on fire and the top of his head became engulfed in flames.

Jackson didn’t realize his hair was on fire. In the video, he’s still dancing as the flames are on his head. When he spins, the flames go out. People on the set tackle him to extinguish the fire, and his brother Jermaine Jackson, playing the guitar in front of him and oblivious to the commotion, turns around. When Michael Jackson emerges from the pile of people trying to help him, the top of his head is bald.

The accident, witnessed by thousands of stunned fans at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, came at the height of Jackson’s fame, about a year after the release of his best-selling “Thriller” album. It marked what would be the beginning of serious, lifelong pain for Jackson, who had been treated for painkiller addiction and has been described by relatives and friends as being hooked on pain medication at the time of his death last month at age 50.

Jackson, who was photographed in an ambulance with a bandage on his head and his trademark sequined white glove on his right hand, required several surgeries and needed skin grafts to treat the injury.

In his autobiography, “Moonwalk,” he described the cause of the accident as “stupidity, pure and simple.”

As he described the accident, he wrote: “… bombs went off on either side of my head, and the sparks set my hair on fire. I was dancing down this ramp and turning around, spinning, not knowing I was on fire. Suddenly I felt my hands reflexively go to my head in an attempt to smother the flames.”

As a result of the accident, Pepsi gave Jackson $1.5 million, which he donated to a burn center named after him.

A representative for Us Weekly had no immediate comment on where the video came from.-AP

Stingy Boss

July 14
No comments yet

I think he has prejudice towards cafe.
When I suggested on going to cafe (and I mean any cafe), he keeps saying ‘no’!
He said cafe’s food all almost the same. Doesn’t all food court’s food are almost the same too?
I felt so frustrated when I suggested going to this cafe that has wi-fi and at the same time tastes quite good but he rejected.
He said cafe’s food is expensive but the truth is, the cafe I found is not so expensive. You can get fried rice at RM 5.50.
How’s that?
I hate ppl who reject other ppl’s suggestion without giving it any chance.